Hey there, how was your week? Ours flew by, as usual. The highlights were carrying 6 pallets of materials up to our 2nd floor office (ugh!), putting the finishing touches on a redesign that you’ll be seeing *very* soon (YAY!), announcing the top 10 finalists in the craftgawker challenge (and selecting the winner which we’ll be announcing at noon today!) and cramming tonssss of new stuff into the Shop like Martha Stewart Glitter Paints, left-handed scissors and a new jumbo washi tape set. Tomorrow most of Team Whimseybox is heading into the woods for a night under the stars + I swear I’m going to make this DIY lawn chair project I’ve had in my head all summer. Whatever you’re up to, I hope it’s awesome. See you back here next week! – Alicia
Above: Ali + Patrick were “fighting” so they built this wall between them yesterday, haha.
Around Here (In Case You Missed It)
In anticipation of the premiere of Breaking Bad on Sunday I whipped up some DIY science-inspired glasses. You can find the full projects here: DIY Formula Drinking Glasses and DIY Color Swatch Wine Glasses
Need some help choosing the right tool for the job? Check out Hands On: Cutting Tools to get the full breakdown on when (and when not) to use scissors.
Don’t miss these 7 great DIY denim revamps!
Finally, there’s just 1 day left to snap up these sale items in the shop! You can find them all here. Plus, enjoy free shipping on all orders $49+
Elsewhere in DIY
- This DIY wooden gift box that Lexy made for Curbly is crazy-awesome.
- Amazing DIY light made from wooden balls and a potato masher?
- I love a good factory video – here’s how Mod Podge is made.
Random Silly Stuff
Things that came up in the company chat room this week:
- Have you seen that video where people go nuts of free Alexander Wang clothes? It gives us a panic attack.
- Maybe we spend too much time on our computers (who doesn’t?) but we think the new Joaquin Phoenix movie Her looks awesome.
- You already saw Colbert dance to Get Lucky, right? If not, do it now.
- Here’s a cat dressed like a shark riding a Roomba.
- Finally, here’s a fun mashup of the summer’s hottest songs. A perfect way to kick off the weekend. Enjoy!